Ever found yourself saying something you never thought you would? Happens to me all the time. I’m constantly surprised by what comes out of my mouth and is generally aimed at one of the kids.
In no particular order, here are some stand-outs:
- I don’t know which one of you does it, but putting your feet on the wall while you are on the toilet needs to stop.
- Honey, if he doesn’t have angel blood running through his veins, doesn’t hunt demons for a living and doesn’t hang out with the High Warlock of Brooklyn, then he is not the man for you. Stick to those high-standards! (In response to my step-daughter’s crush on Jace from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.)
- You won’t like it; it’s chockers with sex.
- Sure, you can learn to play the drums.
- Whose poo is this?!?!
- So are you telling me you’re gay? No? None of you are?
- A nerve cell model out of food. We can do that.
And we did!
- Yes, that is what the ‘c’word is. Next time, maybe spell it instead of saying it. Especially when we have guests.
- The expression is “I’ll give you a kick up the bum” not “I’ll put my foot in your bum”- big difference.
- Don’t let that cat drink your drink- it’s not even our cat!
How about you- what have you said that you never thought you would?