A tally of books I’ve read.
As I get around to it, I’ll add hyperlinks to reviews either here, hosted elsewhere or on Good Reads of the books I’ve been reading.
This year, I’ve somehow managed to read nothing but fiction written by women. Once I realised I was doing it, I thought I just might keep it up. Did you know that female authors in Australia make up about two thirds of the pool, yet male writers are reviewed far more frequently? The Australian Financial Review, for example, published a number of book reviews and only 17% were books written by women.
So, I’ll be reviewing more books. Can you smash the Patriarchy by reading? I don’t know, but I’ll try. Because feminism.
2017 Reading List
- Who’s Afraid Too?- Maria Lewis (Sequel to Who’s Afraid?, reviewed here.)
- The Secrets of Midwives- Sally Hepworth
- The Things We Keep- Sally Hepworth (Author interview here)
- The Mother’s Promise- Sally Hepworth
- Good Me, Bad Me- Ali Land
- All These Perfect Strangers- Aoife Clifford
- The Handmaid’s Tale- Margaret Atwood
- The Missing- C. L. Taylor
- The Lie- C. L. Taylor
- The Accident- C. L. Taylor
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone- Laini Taylor
- Days of Blood and Starlight- Laini Taylor
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters- Laini Taylor
- Carve the Mark- Veronica Roth
- Firstlife- Gina Showalter
- Only Daughter- Anna Snoekstra
- The Girl Before- J.P. Delaney
- Testimony- Anita Shreve
- Seven Stones to Stand and Fall- Diana Gabaldon
- The Good Girl- Mary Kubica
- Find Me- J.S. Monroe
- Come Back To Me- Sarah Foster